Love Island has returned to our screens this summer, which means we’ll see more fake tan, beautiful white teeth, and plenty of flirting! “I’ve got a text!”
Fans of the controversial but popular summer programme are enjoying the seventh season, but even if the competition that hands out a £50,000 prize to the winners isn’t for you, you may be able to take some inspiration from it.
If you haven’t noticed already, the Love Island outdoor space is kitted out in an array of fantastic lighting – and the good news is that you can acquire most of it today.
Give your garden some extra twinkle
You may have seen that the outdoor garden and decking area in Love Island contains fairy lights hung from the living space and trees.
The festoon lighting you see on the show is a great idea to give your garden some extra twinkle if you’re planning on having a BBQ, party, or even if you want to add some additional light at any other point during the year.
Festoon lighting is also a really popular choice for outdoor wedding venues, and a must-have at Christmas too. Their versatility means you can re-use them again and again, making their low price even better!
When it comes to festoon lighting, our Premium 5m Connectible Outdoor Festoon Light E27 with 10x LED Golfball Light Bulbs are a superb option to get you started.
The festoon is bundled with 10x LED cool white clear golfball light bulbs.
Measuring five metres in length and arriving with an extra 1.5 metres for the plug-in power cable, these outdoor lights can be connected together to create lengths of 5 metres, 10 metres, 15 metres, etc; all the way up to 100 metres. So, it doesn’t matter how big your garden is!
Each five-metre section features black cables and 10x Edison Screw bulb sockets spaced 50cm apart with a 15cm drop.
If you’re feeling creative, you can make your own fairy light display around your marquee or gazebo, or design your own garden lighting, to add a little magic to your homemade bar or outdoor space. It’s also a “must-have” when creating stylish lighting displays for parties, festivals and summer BBQs.
Then there’s our Solalite LED Solar Dancing Flame Rattan Ball String Light that will not only match what you see on Love Island but enhance your balcony, decking or gazebo.
It’s worth remembering that solar-powered lights don’t require any drilling, cabling, wiring or maintenance. Oh, and did we mention that they’re easy to install?
Each dancing flame solar light rattan balls measures 7cm in diameter. They are constructed from sturdy and weatherproof high-grade plastic, making them suitable for use in all weather.
So there you have it, a couple of suggestions to get your garden nicely lit for this summer and beyond.
Your best option is to head over to our outdoor lighting section on our site here, where you’ll find all our options. Alternatively, if you’d like to speak to a member of the team, give us a call today.
Latest Blog Posts
- Don’t stop at great lights, fit your house with ultrafast broadbandAs well as great lighting, ultrafast broadband can significantly upgrade and improve your household. Whether you’re working from home or have a large family that drains your broadband, ultrafast broadband may be the fast and efficient solution you are looking for.
- Ultimate guide to kitchen lightingAs the hub of most homes, the kitchen hosts family dinners, parties with friends and day-to-day culinary genius. With this room being…
- Best security lighting for outdoorsBest security lighting for outdoors – Blend style, security and solar power with efficient outdoor lighting.
- Find the Bathroom Mirror Lighting that Best Reflects Your StyleWhen renovating or sprucing up your bathroom, mirrors can often be one of the last features you consider. But, mirror lighting can…
- 5 Stylish Bathroom Lighting Looks You’ll LoveBathroom lighting can make a huge difference to the overall look and feel of the space, and, with our days beginning and…
- Can you get paid to reduce your energy usage?In April of this year, energy regulator Ofgem increased the price cap on utility bills by 54%, which has led to a…
- How different light choices can impact your energy consumptionWith energy costs on the rise, it’s becoming increasingly expensive to light your home. That means that the decisions you make for…
- 5 things to consider with outdoor wall lightingAs we head into Summer and turn our attention to our outdoor spaces, choosing and investing in outdoor lighting can feel like…