With the weather looking up and long summer nights on the horizon, now is a great time to get your outdoor space entertainment ready.
Whether you’re looking to make your garden sparkle with twinkling festoon lights, or are on the hunt for more practical task lighting, solar lights are a brilliant, high-quality and eco-friendly way to brighten up your space. But, it can sometimes be hard to know which are the best option for you…
So here are our recommendations to help you get set up with the best solar lights this summer.
What are the best solar lights for outdoors?
Solar lighting is great for outdoors, but it is crucial to choose an option that can withstand all weather conditions, even in summer. The best solar lights for outdoors need to be hard-wearing, waterproof, and able to cope with the unpredictability of UK weather. No matter if you want to transform your garden with flame effect wall lighting or firefly string lights, the most important thing to look for is durability when exposed to the elements.
What are the brightest outdoor solar lights?
Soft, ambient lighting can really spruce up your outdoor space and create a warm, cosy environment. But, brighter solar lighting also offers practical and safety benefits as well. Our range of SuperBright products, or our solar-powered security lighting can be the perfect option for those looking for the brightest solar lighting solution.
Do solar lights only work in summer?
Naturally, solar lights perform best in summer, due to the increased hours of sunlight meaning increased charging time. However, if you invest in durable, long-lasting solar lights, these will work throughout the year.
The illumination time of solar lights depends on the amount of sun exposure, so this of course varies by season. Typically, our extensive range of solar lighting stays lit for 2-5 hours in spring and autumn, up to 6 hours in summer and up to 2 hours in winter.
Some top tips for boosting illumination time and making the most out of your solar lights year-round include:
- Regular cleaning of the solar panels
- Sensible positioning of the lights so they aren’t blocked from the sun
- Use of mirrors to redirect sunlight
Our recommendations for summer outdoor lighting
Along with our tips for boosting illumination time, here are 3 main recommendations when choosing your outdoor lighting this summer:
- Opt for LED – not only do LED bulbs use less energy than halogen bulbs, they also have a much longer life, meaning less maintenance and bulb changes.
- Incorporate a mixture of ambient and task lighting – create an attractive and inviting garden space, while making sure you still notice the practical benefits as well.
- Plan ahead – have a clear idea of style, size and positioning before selecting your outdoor lights so that you can choose the best lights for your space.
Outdoor lighting makes a huge difference to any outdoor space in summer, and solar lights in particular enable you to elevate your garden in a cost-effective, sustainable way.
Whether you’re looking for fairy lights, hanging lanterns, fence lighting, or even glowing wind chimes — you name it, we’ve got it — so check out our full range of outdoor solar lights.
Latest Blog Posts
- Don’t stop at great lights, fit your house with ultrafast broadbandAs well as great lighting, ultrafast broadband can significantly upgrade and improve your household. Whether you’re working from home or have a large family that drains your broadband, ultrafast broadband may be the fast and efficient solution you are looking for.
- Ultimate guide to kitchen lightingAs the hub of most homes, the kitchen hosts family dinners, parties with friends and day-to-day culinary genius. With this room being…
- Best security lighting for outdoorsBest security lighting for outdoors – Blend style, security and solar power with efficient outdoor lighting.
- Find the Bathroom Mirror Lighting that Best Reflects Your StyleWhen renovating or sprucing up your bathroom, mirrors can often be one of the last features you consider. But, mirror lighting can…
- 5 Stylish Bathroom Lighting Looks You’ll LoveBathroom lighting can make a huge difference to the overall look and feel of the space, and, with our days beginning and…
- Can you get paid to reduce your energy usage?In April of this year, energy regulator Ofgem increased the price cap on utility bills by 54%, which has led to a…
- How different light choices can impact your energy consumptionWith energy costs on the rise, it’s becoming increasingly expensive to light your home. That means that the decisions you make for…
- 5 things to consider with outdoor wall lightingAs we head into Summer and turn our attention to our outdoor spaces, choosing and investing in outdoor lighting can feel like…