At Lightbulbs Direct, we’re proud of our selection of light bulbs, and after having a quick look around our website, you’ll see there’s something for everyone.
At Lightbulbs Direct, we are constantly making sure that not only are we selling the best light bulbs, we also want our customers to understand exactly what it is they’re buying.
This takes a certain amount of time and effort, because our lights go through our own strict testing procedure.
This ensures our products are of the highest quality, and that we can list them with accurate specifications.
The testing sphere
Lightbulbs Direct testing sphere is designed to make all sorts of measurements. It examines elements such as total brightness, through to the exact colour spectrum given out by a light bulb.
This means that our customers will know exactly what they’re buying. It also allows us to make better recommendations for alternative or replacement light bulbs. This is especially helpful with LED light bulbs, and the tricky issue of equivalent wattages.
Spotlights are the most difficult to compare. Spotlights have narrow beams provide a more intense – but less well spread – light. We use a wide variety of other equipment to measure beam angles, and select which new light bulbs are the best replacements. For a more comprehensive understanding of spotlight beam angles, take a look at our explanation Beam Angles.
Helping you choose the right light bulbs
We’re not just about the technical statistics either. It’s all very well having a testing sphere that can tell us if the light bulb is good, but how does the light appear to the human eye? We have rejected products in the past which have passed manufacturers’ testing, but look atrocious, display odd shadows across a room, or have an odd tint of green in the light.
We take immense pride in making sure the product you receive is excellent in quality and outstanding in value. And, because of our years of experience, we know the difference between a good light bulb and a bad one.
Perhaps you have a question about the process we’ve described here, or if you’d like any further light bulb advice? Get in touch with a team member today on 01494 723286.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Latest Blog Posts
- 2022 Energy Crisis: Who is the cheapest energy supplier?If you are looking for ways to cut down on electricity bills this winter, the best thing to do is make sure that you aren’t already spending more than you have to. Read on to find out how to find a cheaper energy supplier.
- Make your home shine with a stylish lantern lightWhen you mention lanterns at this time of year, we think of toothy grimaces carved into pumpkins – and they’re destined for…
- Lightbulbs Direct: behind the bulbsAt Lightbulbs Direct, we’re proud of our selection of light bulbs, and after having a quick look around our website, you’ll see…
- The Ultimate Guide to Christmas Light Switch Ons 2022The most wonderful time of the year is just around the corner, and councils up and down the country are preparing for…
- Switch to LED for the Most Energy Efficient Christmas LightsKeep Your Christmas Lighting Costs Low with Energy Efficient Christmas Lights Every year when Christmas lights start to pop up in the…
- Don’t stop at great lights, fit your house with ultrafast broadbandIf you’ve recently moved into a new property, or decided the interior of your home needed to be refreshed, you’ll likely have…
- Ultimate guide to kitchen lightingAs the hub of most homes, the kitchen hosts family dinners, parties with friends and day-to-day culinary genius. With this room being…
- Best security lighting for outdoorsBest security lighting for outdoors – Blend style, security and solar power with efficient outdoor lighting.