We know! Summer hasn’t arrived yet, and already we’re talking about Autumn house lights.
But, you know the old saying – fail to prepare, prepare to fail – and we don’t want you to miss the boat when it comes to autumn lighting.
To keep it simple for you and to help you imagine what this autumn might bring, we’ve come up with three themes to help you plan ahead for when the darker nights arrive.
So without further ado…
Create cosy spaces
Don’t let the speedy transition into autumn catch you out this year. Our décor ideas are here to make the chillier nights more bearable, by making your surroundings more cosy with the appropriate lights. Before you get to the lighting and the finishing touches, start thinking about scented candles, cushions, sofa throws and blankets.
You could also add some more natural themes to your inside décor for a more autumnal glow. When it comes to lighting we’ve got you covered with our excellent autumn/winter range.
So curling up with a nice hot drink is all well and good, but make sure you’ve created the right space to enjoy it as well.
Bring the outside in
Introduce some of that autumnal atmosphere into your living room. Mirror some of the colours and lights you start to see outside, inside.
Can you place outside lanterns on the porch or place high up on a shelf in the house? What about some of the fairy lights you used over the summer months, can they be draped over somewhere high indoors?
Using a light timer is another good way to illuminate the property without having to think about it. Store a time for when it starts to get dark, then sit back, relax and enjoy the ambience.
Colourful lighting not only reflects the seasons, it helps to inject some fun into your living space.
Our coloured lighting collection helps to enhance design features in different kinds of rooms. With autumn in mind think about greens, yellow and red, or pick colours that make you feel warm.
Sometimes, less is more, so when it’s dark outside, turn the other lights off in your cosy room, apart from that special table lamp. Use the light from the lamp to provide you with enough light to either read, or snuggle down to watch one of your favourite television programmes. This type of lighting is perfectly versatile because at the flick of a switch, you can turn the light on/off exactly when you need to.
Our team is knowledgeable and passionate about lighting, so if you’ve read this blog and have any questions at all, then feel free to get in touch with us today.
We’re committed to finding the right light for you, whatever the setting or occasion.
We also have a large library of buying guides and practical help available on our site, offering all the technical help you could need. Our buying guides will help you narrow down your choices, while some of our other blog posts contain all the latest lighting news, tips and tricks.
Latest Blog Posts
- 2022 Energy Crisis: Who is the cheapest energy supplier?If you are looking for ways to cut down on electricity bills this winter, the best thing to do is make sure that you aren’t already spending more than you have to. Read on to find out how to find a cheaper energy supplier.
- Make your home shine with a stylish lantern lightWhen you mention lanterns at this time of year, we think of toothy grimaces carved into pumpkins – and they’re destined for…
- Lightbulbs Direct: behind the bulbsAt Lightbulbs Direct, we’re proud of our selection of light bulbs, and after having a quick look around our website, you’ll see…
- The Ultimate Guide to Christmas Light Switch Ons 2022The most wonderful time of the year is just around the corner, and councils up and down the country are preparing for…
- Switch to LED for the Most Energy Efficient Christmas LightsKeep Your Christmas Lighting Costs Low with Energy Efficient Christmas Lights Every year when Christmas lights start to pop up in the…
- Don’t stop at great lights, fit your house with ultrafast broadbandIf you’ve recently moved into a new property, or decided the interior of your home needed to be refreshed, you’ll likely have…
- Ultimate guide to kitchen lightingAs the hub of most homes, the kitchen hosts family dinners, parties with friends and day-to-day culinary genius. With this room being…
- Best security lighting for outdoorsBest security lighting for outdoors – Blend style, security and solar power with efficient outdoor lighting.