If you’re bored of bland light bulbs, why not take a look at our decorative LED bulb range. There’s something for absolutely everyone, whatever the setting, and at any point in the year.

LED light bulbs from Lightbulbs Direct are known for their outstanding efficiency, and are incredibly popular with our customers.


LED light bulbs background

led-energy-saving

LED light bulbs consume 90% less energy and offer an even brighter light than standard bulbs – it’s not hard to see why they’re in demand.  

We have a super selection of LED bulbs from the finest manufacturers, which means that whatever style of LED light bulb you’re searching for, we’re sure you’ll find it in our vast collection.


LED Spotlights – What you need to know

ceiling spot lamp

LED spotlights are modern, versatile, and very easy to replace, and it’s because of this that demand has risen significantly over the last few years.  

Other benefits of LED spotlights are the colour and beam angle.

The wider beam angles and warmer colours are superb for ambient lighting, and the cooler colours and narrower angles are really great for focusing in on specific parts or areas of a room.

Our guide to LED spotlights can help


LED Smart WIFI Light Bulbs

warm-white-smart-scene-with-devices[1]

LED smart bulbs have revolutionised the way we use LED lights. It presents you with the ability to control lighting using a smartphone or tablet, over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, via a free downloadable app.

Smart LED light bulbs provide you with the ability to create an almost infinite variety of colour, brightness, and effects that will suit your mood.

You can read more about them in our Smart Lighting guide.


LED myth busting

Dispelling five most popular LED myths

Amongst all the positives there’s still a few myths around LED lighting. The main ones concern cost, brightness and difficulty of installation –  with the argument that they’re too expensive, the brightness doesn’t always last as long as it should, and that they’re a nightmare to install. 

This is inaccurate because the average cost of a 60W-equivalent LED bulb is dropping, and LED light bulbs usually last a lot longer than the halogen alternative.

With regards to brightness, they use 80% of their energy as light, with the other 20% escaping as heat, and yes, in 2021, depending on what LED you buy, it will generally be lighter than a halogen bulb.

When it comes to fitting, the good news here is that most of our LED light bulbs are retro-fit and should slot in easily into the existing fittings

So there you have it. If you want a full breakdown about some of the other myths then head over to our dedicated LED Lighting Myths page here. 


If you’d like any further information about any of our lighting collections, get in touch with a member of our expert team today.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments