Just because the sun isn’t always out, it doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be spending time in your garden.
It might seem like a bit of a strange point to make, but there’s no reason why you shouldn’t be making the most of your garden after sunset.
So, to help you along, here’s our five easy ways to add lighting and make your garden look even better, as we head into spring.
Break garden into zones
Divide your garden into “zones” and add different lighting or colour temperature to each zone.
Walkways can be lit by spike lights or soft lanterns. If you’ve trees (or a particular wall) in your back garden, shine spotlights on them. You can also get lighting for the more darker areas of your garden too.
When it’s time to open up the BBQ, place it on a raised area and make it the real focal point with one of our spotlights. Warm white or colour-changing RGB lights provide a more relaxing mood, like the one you may have experienced on holiday.
Some of our outdoor lights have integrated Bluetooth speakers, which means it’s easy to pick your favourite song, whilst entertaining your guests under great lights.
Focus on water features
A solar spike light positioned by your outdoor pond will really help it standout. You’ll be able to pick out the ripples of water nicely, and any other garden features you may have dotted around.
There’s obvious dangers with electrical equipment and water, but all our outdoor lights come with an IP rating to help. More on this below.
If you really want to be creative, why not invest in underwater pond lights.
Remember to check the IP rating
Each outdoor light should have an IP rating. IP or Ingress Protection, will tell you how good the lights are at keeping the water and dirt out. It also applies to bathroom lighting, which must be water-resistant.
An IP rating is made up of two numbers. The first number concerns what level of protection the light has against the ingress of solid objects. The second number tells you how protected it is against water. The higher the number, the better the protection. It’s as simple as that really! If you’ve further questions on this subject, give us a shout.
Get in touch with a member of our team!
Ok, we cheated a little bit with this point, but our expert team are fully qualified to advise you on the finest and best priced outdoor lighting. There may be something that you have that you need additional help with, or it may be that you’re looking at a full garden lighting makeover. Whatever it is, get in touch with our team.
Latest Blog Posts
- 2022 Energy Crisis: Who is the cheapest energy supplier?If you are looking for ways to cut down on electricity bills this winter, the best thing to do is make sure that you aren’t already spending more than you have to. Read on to find out how to find a cheaper energy supplier.
- Make your home shine with a stylish lantern lightWhen you mention lanterns at this time of year, we think of toothy grimaces carved into pumpkins – and they’re destined for…
- Lightbulbs Direct: behind the bulbsAt Lightbulbs Direct, we’re proud of our selection of light bulbs, and after having a quick look around our website, you’ll see…
- The Ultimate Guide to Christmas Light Switch Ons 2022The most wonderful time of the year is just around the corner, and councils up and down the country are preparing for…
- Switch to LED for the Most Energy Efficient Christmas LightsKeep Your Christmas Lighting Costs Low with Energy Efficient Christmas Lights Every year when Christmas lights start to pop up in the…
- Don’t stop at great lights, fit your house with ultrafast broadbandIf you’ve recently moved into a new property, or decided the interior of your home needed to be refreshed, you’ll likely have…
- Ultimate guide to kitchen lightingAs the hub of most homes, the kitchen hosts family dinners, parties with friends and day-to-day culinary genius. With this room being…
- Best security lighting for outdoorsBest security lighting for outdoors – Blend style, security and solar power with efficient outdoor lighting.